Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One of the many reasons I homeschool



You may not know it, but this is what part of the ocean floor looks like.  Well, it's what it would be if two 5th graders sculpted it out of play dough.  Personally, I like the funkiness of the play dough versions a lot!  Each girl used their play dough to make the continental shelf and slope, the abyssal plain, an atoll, and a guyot.  Kim and Sarah are almost done with The World's Oceans and next we move on to The Earth's Atmosphere.

I love teaching these girls.  I watch them learn and it makes my hippie heart trip along happily.  I know Becca feels the same way.  Do you remember when you watched your child take their first step?  That feeling was so amazing.  We are lucky enough to see so many of those "a-ha!" moments while we teach and learn.  Make no mistake about it ~ we learn as much (if not more) then the girls do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what makes your hippie heart happy!