Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day Three of Camping

Year two of camping together has found my place in the group dynamic.  See me there in the bottom left?  I'm doing the dishes.  Please understand that, before 2008 and our first camping trip, my idea of roughing it was having to stay at the Motel 6 instead of the Hilton.  When it came time to set up tents, I helped.  For about 10 minutes.  It was suggested that I might enjoy organizing the kitchen/dining area of our camp site.  When it came time to cook, I helped.  For way less than 10 minutes and it was suggested that I might want to do the dishes.  When it came time to tear down camp, I helped.  It was suggested that I entertain the children.  Sensing a theme?  This is our fourth year of camping and I am the proud official dishwasher of our camp. 

In all seriousness, I have come to love camping and it's the highlight of my summer.  It is what makes my heart happy!  I get to spend time with my amazing family, crazy as we all are.  So, thank you Jones, Fine, Berwick, and Lemon peoples!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what makes your hippie heart happy!